|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||Jun 10|
|Category|| Creative Community |
|Opportunity Type|| Volunteer |
|Subject Area||Information technology|
|Estimated time (hours)||2-7 hours a week for 3 months|
|Targeted Skills||Web Development|
Online placement (E-Volunteer)
Partner Location Colombia
Start Date Jun - Aug 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 3 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
The E-Volunteer’s Role
Improving the visibility of the Escuela Taller's technical and trade training to vulnerbale youth in Bogotá through the development of a webpage will be a key support for for finding alternative funding sources and building partnerships.
As an E-volunteer you will work with the in-country volunteer and partner organization to build the organization website. This will require using materials, photos, videos and text that are approved by the partner organization, and incorporate them into a webpage that is usable, and helps showcase the impact and work of the Escuela Taller de Bogota.
Apply and dedicate a small portion of your time to making a long-term impact for the Escuela Taller, an institution committed to training Bogota's most vulnerable youth in traditional trades and supporting their insertion into the labour market.
As an e-volunteer, you will:
- Work with the in-country volunteer and partner organization to build the organization website. This will require using materials, photos, videos and text that are approved by the partner organization, and incorporate them into a webpage that is usable, and helps showcase the impact and work of the Escuela Taller de Bogota.
- Have weekly or bi-weekly calls with the team until the website is complete and live.
- Create a guide for the local team on how to change content and manage the website.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Diploma o degree in website development.
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience working with non-profits to advise them on how to produce an attractive website that serves as a platform to share their work.
Cuso International’s e-volunteering program welcomes new and returning volunteers to work with our international program partners and volunteers remotely. E-volunteering offers many of the benefits gained from international volunteering, while having the extra advantage of fitting into one's regular weekly schedule without needing a passport. Contributing and giving back to a community, gaining new skills, and making new connections are common benefits of e-volunteering and for Cuso International it is a great opportunity to engage more people in its mission.
E-Volunteers are expected to supply their own basic home office equipment, Internet and have a moderate knowledge of computer technology. Some of our partners are located in remote areas with unreliable internet connection. Consequently, it is reasonable to assume that when working with the partners, emails will not be responded to immediately. For most of our partners, this is their first experience working with e-volunteers and flexibility and patience is a valuable e-volunteer characteristic.