|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||Sep 22|
|Category|| Creative Community |
|Opportunity Type|| Volunteer |
|Subject Area||Skilled trades|
|Estimated time (hours)||15-20 hours|
|Targeted Skills||• Knowledge of events staging, sound and lighting. • Knowledge of relevant supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control. • Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations. • Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures. • Ability to work both independently and in a team environment. • Good organizational and coordinating skills.|
Technical Stage Manager
Under general supervision, manages and coordinates all technical elements of concert production. Liaises with Rideau Chorale concert manager and stage riser crew. Ensures proper lighting, sound and performance recording. Maintains equipment inventory and makes suggestions for relevant equipment rentals/purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and coordinates the staging of lighting, sound, video/audio recording devices, and other equipment, as required for individual performances.
- Reserves and acquires all concert equipment (picks up or arranges for delivery) for: Orchestra – music stands, music stand lights, additional instruments (e.g.timpani), quad box extension cords for music stand lights; Lighting – spot lights on/off stage, special lighting for conductor/choir.
- Set up orchestra area; conductor’s podium; stage microphone(s) if needed; liaises with stage riser crew.
- Removes front church pew(s) as necessary prior to concerts.
- Identifies requirements for custom-built stage risers or platforms as necessary.
- Maintains inventories of relevant materials and equipment; identifies and assesses inventory requirements, and makes and/or recommends rentals/purchases, as appropriate.
- Prepares expenditure summaries (supported by invoices or receipts, as appropriate) for any purchases made as required.
- Ensures adherence to all safety standards.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- May require working in tight spaces, under low light levels and at heights. Exposure to electrical wires.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires occasional lifting of up to 15 lbs. or transferring of objects up to 30 lbs, kneeling and reaching.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires adherence to basic safety standards.