|at ( view profile)|
|Location||1 Nicholas Street Suite 1004|
|Date Posted||Jun 6|
|Category|| Interconnected Community |
|Opportunity Type|| Volunteer |
|Subject Area||Communications and marketing|
|Estimated time (hours)||40|
|Targeted Skills||writing skills, experience writing press releases and talking points for media, experience working with media|
HealthBridge Foundation of Canada is seeking a media-savvy individual to support our annual giving campaign, Steps for Change.
Steps for Change mobilizes HealthBridge supporters across Canada and around the world to walk, run or roll in solidarity with vulnerable women in Nepal and Vietnam who need better access to health services and nutrition. Steps for Change challenges participants to take 10,000 steps a day for one month—October 2018. As participants step, they are taken on an online journey with women in Nepal and Vietnam, where they catch a glimpse into the obstacles women face to access health services and nutrition. Throughout the campaign, participants collect pledges from family, friends and colleagues to support HealthBridge’s "Saving lives of mothers and children in Nepal and Vietnam" project.
The Media Volunteer will play an essential role in ensuring Steps for Change is widely covered in print, radio and TV media.
The Media Volunteer will be responsible for:
- Developing an integrated media strategy;
- Reaching out to media contacts;
- Securing advertisement space in local Ottawa newspapers and magazines;
- Securing articles covering the campaign in print, radio and tv media.
The Media Volunteer should:
- Have excellent writing skills and experience writing press releases and talking points for media;
- Have experience working with the media; existing relationships with media are considered an asset;
- Have experience pitching stories to media;
- Have experience creating media strategies.
This is an unpaid volunteer position. The position will require approximately 2 hours a week from July 2, 2018 to October 31, 2018. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Media Volunteer” in the subject line.