|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||Sep 23|
|Subject Area||Arts, crafts, music and photography|
|Estimated time (hours)||15-20 hours|
|Targeted Skills||• Good organizational and coordinating skills. • Good leadership skills; ability to oversee a group of volunteers. • Ability to work both independently and in a team environment. • Ability to work under pressure.|
Front of House Manager
Critical to ensuring the overall placement and supervision of box office volunteers and ushers, and attending to many last minute concert-related details.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes box office supplies including cash boxes, reconciliation sheets, floats (usually provided by Rideau Chorale), clickers, pens, Square readers, etc.
- Normally books and assigns green rooms, and ensures that a stage volunteer is working with the choir, artists, etc. This of course depends on the concert and number of performers.
- Meets with box office volunteers by phone and/or in person prior to concert date.
- Ensures all box office volunteers and ushers are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Is on site two hours prior to concert time to ensure everything is in place, organized and set up.
- Meets with volunteers an hour before concert begins to review positions, requirements, special notes for the night (often this includes getting choir in and out; timing of everything; ensuring house opens on time to minimize complaints, etc).
- Assigns all volunteers to their stations.
- Ensures all areas (entrances / exits / sanctuary) have coverage.
- Ensures choir/orchestra are out of concert space at least 45 minutes prior to concert start time.
- Coordinates timing of show start, intermission etc. Ensures choir, orchestra, etc, abide by timing.
- Assesses time to open doors (although advertised time is 30 minutes pre-concert – often this is delayed because of choir and orchestra). If delayed beyond 30 minutes, may have to deal with customer issues.
- Deals with customer issues and complaints.
- Is responsible for a multitude of last minute issues that arise to keep the show running smoothly – these things vary from artist/choir/facility/patron/volunteer issues and are hard to predict.