|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||Jul 24|
|Category|| Creative Community |
|Opportunity Type|| Volunteer |
|Subject Area||Organizational management|
|Estimated time (hours)||5-10 hours per month|
|Targeted Skills||Event planning, marketing, volunteer management|
Help Lesotho is an international development working in the country of Lesotho, southern Africa. We are empowering a critical mass of children and youth with the knowledge and support needed for them to lead a movement that: advocates for social justice, particularly the rights of girls and women in pursuit of gender equity; promotes the prevention of HIV transmission; and champions and challenges all involved to make healthy decisions and be socially responsible. Programs include health education, HIV/AIDS prevention education, psychosocial support, grandmother support, child sponsorship, school partnerships, leadership training and development, gender equity, and literacy.
Help Lesotho’s Ottawa office staff is a small but mighty team that raises over $1M annually to support our programs in Lesotho. The Event Coordinator serves as the point of contact and coordinator for 4-5 small Help Lesotho events a year and assist with a few other activities with groups such as schools, calendar sponsorship and sales, and other creative ideas.
We seek a dynamic and energetic individual to:
- Help staff plan and organize special events including our small annual golf tournament, annual ‘Brunch with Peg’, fundraising activities, and a few other fundraising events in the Ottawa area;
- Work closely with staff to identify, solicit potential donors, prospects and sponsors; and
- Assist in creating communications, mailing lists, promotional and marketing materials.
- Passion to help girls, women, grandmothers and children;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Event scripting experience considered an asset;
- Willingness and ability to travel within Ottawa and meet deadlines is required; and
- Ability to manage highly sensitive financial and other personal information with confidentiality.
This volunteer opportunity will have a flexible commitment based on the varied needs of Help Lesotho throughout the year and your personal schedule. Typically, 5-10 hours per month with some additional time closer to scheduled events. Thank you for considering volunteering with Help Lesotho!
In this position, the person will gain relevant work experience that can be beneficial to professional aspirations.
To apply for this posting, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.