|at ( view profile)|
|Location||1500 Alta Vista Dr.|
|Date Posted||Nov 20|
|Subject Area||Health and wellbeing|
|Estimated time (hours)||4-8 hours/week|
|Targeted Skills||customer service|
The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is dedicated to increasing cancer survivorship in Eastern Ontario. We support cancer care and research to prevent, detect, diagnose and cure cancer. The Cancer Foundation’s Survivorship Centre serves as an important “Hub” for those experiencing cancer. A number of support organizations use this centre to come together as a community.
This assignment is located in pleasant working conditions and focuses on providing welcoming and informational support for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation's Survivorship Centre. This information represents a preliminary statement of work to be undertaken throughout the assignment. it is understood that work will be aligned with the organization's strategic priorities and is dependent on the availability of resources. it is also understood that the duties may be modified as opportunities are identified and different projects emerge, related to the Cancer Foundation's organizational/operational objectives.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Arriving no later than 4:30pm on the evening of your shift (4:30-9pm).
- Reviewing which group programs are running that evening.
- Ensuring that the entrance, foyer, hallways and rooms to be used are clean and ready to receive groups.
- When clients begin arriving, greet everyone, be engaging with the clients.
- Ensure each visitor to the building attending a group signs in to provide accurate information as to the number of visitors in the centre.
- Ensure each client finds the appropriate group/service they are here for.
- Ensure clients here to see a coach are assisted in connecting with their coach.
- Instruct clients on the safe use of the sauna, if applicable.
- Providing information regarding the Cancer Foundation and the Cancer Coaching Services.
- Clearly writing down messages or questions you are unable to answer, or that are directed specifically to Cancer Foundation staff members with the Client's contact information and leaving them at the Front Desk for the daytime receptionist.
- Ensuring that the entrance, foyer, hallways and rooms used by groups are clean after programming.
- During winter months, ensuring that the fireplace and electric heaters are turned off before leaving.
- During the summer months, ensuring that windows are all closed before leaving.
- Locking up the Cancer Foundation no later than 9:00pm and setting the alarm.
- Helping with miscellaneous small tasks or projects to help the Survivorship Care Department or other departments.
Please email your applications at email@example.com clearly stating the volunteer position you are applying for.