|at ( view profile)|
|Location||217-815 St-Laurent Blvd. Ottawa, ON K1K 3A7, Ottawa|
|Date Posted||Jul 9|
|Subject Area||Health and wellbeing|
|Estimated time (hours)||4-10|
|Targeted Skills||Leadership, vision, public policy|
Committee Members play an active and engaged role on their committee, contributing relevant knowledge, skills, and expertise and carrying out specific activities aimed at determining and furthering the priorities of their committee.
To ensure that seniors have support and help when they need it, are able to participate in activities and feel connected and valued.
- Develop a work plan to ensure an ongoing commitment to support seniors in the community.
- Develop, maintain and increase a network of initiatives in the City that addresses social isolation.
- Provide education opportunities to organizations to address identified gaps.
- Better understand and increase the community’s understanding of the barriers to social inclusion.
- Ensure that COA committees are using an isolation lens in all aspects of their work.