|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||Oct 28|
|Category|| Interconnected Community |
|Opportunity Type|| Volunteer |
|Subject Area||Human resources|
|Estimated time (hours)||2-10 hours a week for 2 months|
|Targeted Skills||human resources, psychology, career development|
Online placement (E-Volunteer)
Start Date Nov - Dec 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 2 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish or FrenchThe E-Volunteer’s Role
We are looking for an e-volunteer to support our volunteer community in Colombia. Many of our volunteers are younger professionals who are looking to build their career in international development. Many of our volunteers will be finishing their experience this year and we are looking for a career advisor to develop a small webinar for our volunteer community.
If this opportunity interests you, apply today!
As an e-volunteer, you will provide:
- Information about the Canadian job-market and international development opportunities in Canada.
- Tips to help our volunteers present/talk about their volunteer experience in a way that is beneficial to their career development.
- Important networks in Canada that they can connect themselves to (LinkedIn, Universities, or other)
- Tips for volunteers returning to Canada - what are things they can do now that would put them ahead in terms of finding work post-placement.
Host webinars with the support of the Cuso international office.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in human resources, psychology, or other related.
- Degree in international development and years of experience in the sector (enough to provide guidance to our volunteer community).
Essential Professional Background:
- 4-5 years’ experience providing career advice and guidance to young professionals.
Cuso International’s e-volunteering program welcomes new and returning volunteers to work with our international program partners and volunteers remotely. E-Volunteering offers many of the benefits gained from international volunteering, while having the extra advantage of fitting into one's regular weekly schedule without needing a passport. Contributing and giving back to a community, gaining new skills, and making new connections are common benefits of e-volunteering and for Cuso International it is a great opportunity to engage more people in its mission.
E-Volunteers are expected to supply their own basic home office equipment, Internet and have a moderate knowledge of computer technology. Some of our partners are located in remote areas with unreliable internet connection. In addition, for some of our partners, this is their first experience working with e-volunteers so flexibility and patience is a valuable e-volunteer characteristic.
E-Volunteers spend approximately 3-4 months in a placement and spend 2-10 hours per week working as an e-volunteer depending on the project requirements.