Frequently Asked Questions
Want to subscribe to email alerts for preferred search criteria?
To sign up for email alerts, you first must do a search using your preferred search criteria.
- Click on the ‘Find’ button located in the top right corner of every page. It will take you to the ‘advanced opportunity search’ page here.
- Choose your search criteria for one or more fields (e.g., opportunity category, subject area). For instance, you may want to receive alerts for all posted opportunities in one particular subject area (e.g., environment). That is all you need to indicate before clicking on the ’search’ button.
- Your search results for ‘environment’ will be displayed. At the top of this page you will see a ‘subscribe to this search’ button. Click on this and you will be asked to provide your email address. You then click ‘subscribe’. You will then receive email alerts for new listings for the subject area ‘environment’.
Lost your password?
If you lost your organization’s password, you can reset it. Go to the login page here and if you entered a wrong username or password, an alert will appear and you have the option to reset your password.
Volunteer listing about to expire?
A few days before your organization’s volunteer listing is set to expire, you will receive a reminder email message from Impact Hours providing the expiration date and a link to the listing. If you wish to extend the posting of your volunteer opportunity on Impact Hours, you can log onto your organization’s dashboard to manage the listing. Click on ‘edit’ to change the expiration date and update any other details. You may set the new expiration date to any date (year/month/day).
If your listing has already expired, you can access your expired volunteer opportunities on your dashboard. You then have two options:
- choose ‘edit’ and add a new expiration date (year/month/day). This will keep the original posting date. OR
- click on ‘more’, select ‘republish’ and then add your preferred expiration date. This option will replace the original posting date with the date that the listing was republished.